Monday, January 14, 2008

Good is the enemy of great.


The above title is the first line in an amazing book I read about a month ago. Good to Great, is the culmination of years of researching a simple question. What makes companies that are good turn into companies that are great?

I'll spare you the lecture on why this is an amazing book and focus on just one of the principles that I've learned. Good is the enemy of great. That's it. If I am satisfied with being a good photographer, I'll never be a great photographer. If I'm satisfied with giving good customer service, what incentive do I have to give great customer service?

I've always tried to improve my business with each wedding I shoot, but this book made me think of all the little things that I could do even better. I won't list them right now but I will be working on them one by one.

2008 is going to be an amazing year. I have clear vision of where I'm going to be taking my business and what I'm going to accomplish this year. I've also got one big surprise that I think is going provide brides with a final product that will be absolutley breathtaking.

For right now I'm keeping things under wraps but as we get farther along in the year I'll share more about what is coming up. It's going to be great!

No comments: