Sunday, December 21, 2008

Many Thanks

This year has been so amazing for me professionally. From taking pictures of President-Elect Barack Obama, to shooting at some of the best wedding venues in the state, to venturing into California and Washington for a few weddings, Becerra Photography has really grown over the last 12 months. However there have been a few people who have been helping behind the scenes and I just wanted to give a little shout out to those who have helped bring you some pretty amazing pictures this year.

First, thank you Steve Wagner! I met Steve after shooting a few weddings that his wife Nicole had done makeup for. Steve and I hit it off right away. We both have a passion for photography which is only surpassed by our passion for buying the latest photographic equipment. =) Steve worked with me on quite a few weddings in 2008 and I hope to have him shoot with me a lot in 2009!


Thank you Tino Zapien! Tino is currently one of my photography students and he shot his first wedding with me this year. I have been so impressed with his work both in wedding photography and in the classroom. He is constantly pushing the creative envelope and teaching me new things. He has a bright photographic future. But just so you know, when he becomes a famous photographer some day, remember that you read about him here first!


Thank you Lydia Shute! Lydia is a former student of mine who is majoring in graphic design. She currently designs my wedding albums and does a much better job than I am capable of doing. She really understands how to put my pictures together to tell the story of the wedding day. Hiring Lydia has been such a blessing because it has freed up a lot of my time so I can focus more on making great photographs.

Thank you Carlos Becerra (Dad) What can I say about my dad? Not only has he shot many weddings with me this year, my dad is always encouraging me to "Go for it!". Whenever I need a boost of confidence I can always count on my dad to point me in the right direction.

Well there you have it. I don't always have the opportunity to give these people the credit they deserve but I just wanted to say thanks for helping to make 2008 such an amazing year!

1 comment:

Steve Wagner said...

Well thanks Chris. It's been an absolute pleasure to shoot with you - and learn some new stuff too. I've got to say, though, it's your personality combined with your talent that's got your name out there. I'll avail myself to shoot with you again this year as I can.