Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Becerra Photography Workshop

Hey Everyone! I announced this in the summer but had a hard time getting a time for it to work. Many of you have contacted me about doing a workshop and teaching people how to use their cameras to get better pictures is something I am very passionate about. Part of the great thing about Becerra Photography is that I get the chance to capture people's most precious moments. Now I want to help people capture their lives by teaching them photography skills that will last a lifetime. So here are the details!

Saturday #1 (November 28th, 8:00 am - 12:00pm)

The Basics: This workshop answers the age-old-question, "What are all these buttons for?" I go over the fundamentals of creating great pictures. We go over how to manually control your exposure on your camera and also the basics of composition.

Then there is a week break where we all practice and share what we learn on a workshop flickr account. I'll comment on the pictures that you take throughout the week.

Saturday #2 (December 5th, 8:00 am -12:00pm)
Applied Basics: This workshop shows how to really apply the things that we learned in the first workshop to photography that you are interested in. Whether it is flowers, people, landscapes, sports, etc. We'll learn how to shoot it, and what equipment to use.


The charge for both workshops together is $100, and our class would be limited to 8 people. The workshop will be at my home in Corvallis.

If you are in need of a digital camera or looking to purchase one, I have 4 cameras that can be used at the workshop that you can try out for free.

I hope to see you there! Space is limited so if you'd like sign up let me know soon!
Chris

2 comments:

The Growing Hennans said...

I am a friend of Kara's from the LBCC mommy and me class from like 3 years ago and I discovered your blog through her. I would love to do this class, but are out of town for Thanksgiving weekend and am due with my second child Dec 4th, so I think the stars are just not aligning for this workshop this time. I'll keep watching the blog for next time! I need something like this!

Thanks!

Miranda

Chris said...

Hey Miranda,
I'd love to have you come by when the timing is better!
Chris