Sunday, April 15, 2007








This weekend was great. I shot Brent and Nancy's Wedding in Lebanon on Saturday, and while it was a lot of fun it was the most difficult lighting situation I have ever encountered. The Church was beautiful inside, and all the lights were turned off except for emergency lights and some candle lights. It gave a beautiful romantic feel in person, but it was so hard to light everything because our eyes are much better at processing low light levels than a camera sensor. The building only had one window so we couldn't use window light, and the building was surrounded by parking lots so outdoor shots were out of the question.

The great part was that the difficult lighting really challenged me professionally. It made me push my creative limits(and the limits of my equipment) and use the dramatic lighting that was available. We came up with some great shots! Of course having a bride and groom that were as in love as Brent and Nancy, made all the technical stuff fade into the background. These two were made for each other!

Also they had a great wedding coordinator, and Brent's uncle Loic who is a professional photographer helped out a ton, making my job a lot easier.

I'm reallly excited because when Brent and Nancy get back from their honeymoon we'll be headed to the beach for a trash the dress session. They'll get all dressed up in their wedding gear and run around on the beach at sunset! I'm stoked!

No comments: