Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stepping out on a limb


Ok so I'm taking a risk here. I've never posted something political on my blog. (You come here for great pictures, not lectures) But Kara and I watched a movie over the weekend that was just eye-opening. If you haven't seen Michael Moore's Sicko, it is well worth your time. This is Moore's least political film, and it's his best.

I thought the movie would be about the 40 million Americans that are uninsured, but it's not. It's about the rest of us that have insurance, and how crazy it is that people who have insurance are going bankrupt over their medical bills.

I think regardless of their political beliefs, most people agree that sick people should be able to get good medical care.

As a small business owner, I know of many other photographers that don't jump in to the profession full time for fear of losing the insurance from their day job. The effects trickle down to brides because with more full timers, I think that the industry would raise the bar of what is excellent, and in the end, brides would get better pictures...hmmm this is a photography post after all!

No comments: