Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Fashionably Late

Ok so my blog has been pretty boring lately. During the winter months I just haven't gotten out and shot as much as I would have liked to. Sure I've taken a ton of pictures of my kids, but you can always go to Kara's blog for that.

I did have a great time doing my first fashion shoot today though. A friend of mine is a fabulous fashion design teacher at OSU and she wanted some shots of her clothes, and like I said, I haven't gotten to shoot much this winter, so I jumped at the chance.

Shooting fashion was actually harder than I thought it would be. In shooting weddings I am always focused on the person's face, and the lighting on their face. I'm not really worried about making their clothes look great. In fashion it's all about the clothes, and it was challenging to focus the pictures on the garment. It was a great learning experience though!













No comments: