Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tracy and George's Wedding at the International Rose Garden in Portland


Wedding season is starting to heat up! Last Saturday I shot Tracy and George's wedding at the International Rose Garden. The weather was perfect and Tracy timed the wedding based on when we'd have ideal light. The light was perfect. They had a wonderful small ceremony in a corner of the garden and then we were able to spend a little time there shooting afterward.

We started out in the Benson Hotel where Tracy got ready with her bridesmaids.



Most of the shots I exposed to get that nice backlight pouring in, but just as we were headed over to the garden, one of the bridesmaids gave Tracy a handwritten card and I exposed more for the shadows. I love this picture because I think it really emphasized the moment of friendship and reflection.


Walking down the aisle...


Tracy and George looked so content and happy during the ceremony.




Tracy's dog Cody, performed the ring bearing duties.


The wedding party (I told you it was good light!)



The happy couple.


Tracy wore a long veil, and can I just say I love long veils?! Long Veils are so fun and really add some interesting movement to pictures.

I wanted to include a detail shot as that is something that I really want to focus on this upcoming wedding season. One of Tracy's bridesmaids made this fabulous cake.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I love love the top picture.