Sunday, January 25, 2009

Derek and Stephanie's Engagement Session in Corvallis

Since Derek and Stephanie came all the way from Seattle for the engagement session, I'm so glad that we had a break in the weather! It cleared up just enough for us to get in a great photo shoot at OSU and Bald Hill. This is the first time I've ever posted a purely black and white entry. Of course I shot in digital so they will receive both color and black and white files, but as I was editing I just loved the creaminess of the white tones, and the boldness of the black that I decided to do a slideshow in pure black and white. Also Stephanie and Derek had such beautiful expressions that I really think that seeing them in black and white makes you look more at the happiness in their eyes.

3 comments:

Danae Jones Photography said...

I love the dog sneaking into the wide angle field picture. Was it the couples dog?

Chris said...

I love that too! That's pretty perceptive. It was one of those fortunate accidents that just sometimes happen. I had a whole series of shots with them in the field from far away and this was my favorite because of the dog.

Unknown said...

Love it all. Wow. How is your dad? Tell him that I seriously think of him everyday and how he was seriously the coolest art teacher EVER!!! Lately I've been regretting the whole elementary education thing and wished I would of stayed is art education. He was the best!!! Does he have a blog?