Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day!


My father-in-law gave me a book for Christmas and I wanted to share it with you. I'm sure many of you have heard of Randy Pausch's last lecture. For those who haven't Randy, a professor at Carnegie Mellon and father of three, found out he had a few months to live when he decided to give one last lecture at his school. The lecture was videotaped and became a Youtube viral hit. Randy who died last year, wrote a book based on his ideas in the lecture, and my father-in-law gave the book to me for Christmas. If you get a few moments in the next week or so, READ THIS BOOK! As a dreamer, a husband and a father this book really helped me put into perspective the things that are most important in my life. Of course my family is most important to me, but Randy shows also the importance of achieving your childhood dreams in a refreshing down-to-earth way. As I read the book, I couldn't help but think of what a great life I have. I have a beautiful wife, two adorable kids, amazing parents, great siblings, and not one, but two jobs that I am super-excited about. I really am living my childhood dreams. I wanted to be photographer when I grew up. I wanted to have a family when I grew up. I wanted to be in the Olympics when I grew up... ok well I'm still working on that one. Randy's life helped me to see that life is not perfect, but it can still be great.

1 comment:

Kara said...

You the man Chris. I love your ambition.