Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Check it out


I just saw the coolest website! One of my couples has their own website for their wedding. Jaime and Rob are getting married in August and have done a great job of taking an original engagement shot of them (example is here on the blog) and manipulating it to their own tastes. (click here to view their site)

A lot of photographers really fret over giving clients control over the imgage files because we can't control where people get their prints done or what they do with the files afterward. But I think that this website just shows how consumers are becoming more educated about image manipulation and how to adjust photos. A lot of people have a basic understanding of photoshop or at the very least how to change an image to black and white, and I think that empowering clients by giving them the image files it alows the client to adjust the image exactly to their liking. It is kind of scary because you don't know what they will come up with, but so far all I've seen great postcards, magnets and now websites with my images on them. I can't wait to see what's next!

No comments: