Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Window Light










I love natural light. Now there is a time and a place for everything, and I definatley dont leave the house without my 580ex flashes, but when it comes to natural vs. artificial light, there is just no comparison. Actually maybe I should qualify that. I love manipulating natural light. Just running out in the noon day sun and shooting is probably one of the most horrible lighting situations possible, but when you take that same sun and diffuse it through a window, the results can be breathtaking. Window light is great because it is so soft and flattering.

The other day I was hanging out with Sofia and we had some nice light coming through our sliding glass door so I set the camera up on the timer and took this shot of us. Below are some of my favorite window shots too.

No comments: