Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Exploring my other artistic side

So I mentioned a few posts ago that this summer I started working on my graduate degree. What I didn't mention is that my degree will actually be a combination of three majors Art,Photography, and Education. My emphasis will be in Photography but I'll be exploring the other two areas as well and how they relate to photography.

In my art class a few weeks ago we did some work with oil pastels which are kind of like messy crayons. Having wedding photos always on the brain I chose to do a scene from one of the weddings I shot last year. Here is the original photo....


And here is the drawing/painting/coloring I did in my art class...



My teacher made me throw in the building, and I changed a few other things a like the sky. I know it isn't a great masterpiece or anything but going into a classroom and painting and drawing for a few hours everyday was very therapeutic. I think I'll do more in the future...maybe experiment with oils or acrylics....

2 comments:

Danae Jones Photography said...

ooh, I like it alot!

Elisa Street said...

I just got up to date on your blog and Kara's too! You two are BUSY. I always love to check out your pics! The photos you took of the Eugene wedding made me want to be there!