Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mr. President

Ok here is the story. On Thursday I got a call from Mi Gente magazine to shoot Barack Obama's campaign stop in Eugene on Friday! I was SO excited! First, how often do you get to take pictures of someone who will likely be the President of the United States? And second, I really believe in Barack Obama, and he is who I will be voting for in this election.

Anyway, it was an amazing event. I got to work around the other media. At one point I could have shook his hand but I decided to keep taking pictures instead... It was AWESOME!

My pictures will be featured on the cover of Mi Gente, which is a Spanish language magazine that circulates quarterly throughout Oregon. All I can say is that it was an honor.

University of Oregon giving an "O" welcome.


U of O's head men's basketball coach Ernie Kent prepares to present Obama with an honorary Ducks jersey.


State Representative David Wu takes the stage.


State Representative Peter Defazio warms up the crowd.


These next few need no caption. You know this guy!














10 comments:

Kara said...

You took awesome pictures Chris!!! And I love you.

Mark said...

Wow!!!!!! Thats all we can say! Those pictures are great! Si se puede! We love the pic of obama with all the "change we can believe in" signs below!!! yes we can! yes we can! yes we can!
mark and nita

Anonymous said...

These pics are amazing! What an awesome opportunity!

And what a coincidence - I was on campus yesterday taking photos of the street fair there, and happened to take pics of the stage set-up for Obama. :)

Chris said...

Hey Thanks you guys!

Jamie, wasn't it crazy how many security people were there?

Anonymous said...

These are AMAZING Becerra I am really jealous!!! These turned out so much better then I thought they would. Where's the myspace shot?

Jeff said...

Chris loved the series with him walking and people holding their banners.

http://www.becerraphotography.com/slideshows/obama/obama-13.jpg

these photos rocked...

Did you meet him?

Chris said...

I love you mom!

Amanda Nemelka said...

What an honor! AND...great for your business too! The pictures look amazing and I'm very excited for you! Oh...and you guys BETTER be taking a trip out here, got it!!!!

Anonymous said...

"I swear, he looked right at me. And I put my camera down because I thought I was doing something wrong."

"And there was a tree here...More about that later."

Hehe...

Chris said...

hmmm anonymous posting... must be one of my students...I'm guessing someone with the initials N.P?