Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Other Clinton

Wow. Two blog posts, two pretty influential people in American politics. Bill Clinton swung by Corvallis yesterday and stopped at Lincoln Elementary. (where Kara used to work)

So of course I had to grab my camera and take some pictures as well. It was fun because I knew so many people in the crowd. I''m still an Obama man but whenever you get a chance to take pictures of a former president you've gotta jump at it!


Sara Gelser, state representative, gets a little fired up.


Dan Kamerzelt and Kevin Skillings are coworkers of mine. They are funny guys!


An adoring fan holds Bill's autobiography. I bought this book for my dad, who is a Bill Clinton fan. I read most of it too, and found it pretty intersting.








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos as always, Chris! Some great candid shots too.

Dan Kammerzelt and I went to grade school together! Tell him hello for me! :)

Sara Lil said...

Hi Chris!

I drove by Lincoln school yesterday and was wondering why there was a line three blocks long, now I know!

Pretty cool that you are photographing these big-wigs! You're pictures are great!

Sara

Chris said...

Jamie- I'll tell him "Hi"!

Sara- It has been a crazy couple of days!

Those crazy Lewis' said...

Chris:

I"ve never been a Clintonian, but I love the first b&w shot you captured of Bill with that smarmy, charasmatic little grin. That really captures the essence of what made him sch a popular President. You should seriously submit that shot to the Clinton library or to some publication. Thanks for the great shots.

Your favorite waiter

Those crazy Lewis' said...

Chris:

I have never been a Clintonian, but I love the first b & w shot you captures of Bill with that smarmy, charasmatic look on his face. That picture really captures what made him such a popular President. You should consider submitting that to teh Clinton library or a publication.
Thanks for the great shots.

Your favorite waiter

Chris said...

It's funny that you mention that because that moment right after he said "Hillary is going to get us out of Iraq.", and then Someone in the crowd yelled "Then why'd she vote for the war?" Bill lifted his finger and said "I'm fixin' to tell ya." It was probably the most candid shot I got of him.