Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Night


Sunday nights are good for blogging. After spending the day with my family I feel refreshed and ready to look at the week ahead. Tomorrow being Memorial Day I wanted to share a website that I came across the other day.

World Press Photo has put together an amazing site of their 2008 award winning photographs. The Photos are accompanied by the photographers explaining the background of each photo and how it has affected them. Besides seeing some amazing photography, you get the chance to hear some amazing stories.

The Photo of the year is of an American Soldier in Afghanistan, and the interview explains how the soldier and the photographer are now connected. AS we pause to remember fallen soldiers, I can't help but think of the importance of the photographers who enable us to remember those who have fallen by capturing their images forever.

Take a look and listen on this site. It is pretty powerful.

No comments: